Building a Greater World
What you do alone will die with you. What you do with others leaves your legacy. What would life mean without giving back?
When we get caught up in the grind of daily life, community service activity can be difficult to make time and space in your life for. I have felt this way for many years. I finally started to understand that giving back to the community is a major part of a fulfilling life. On top of that, you meet very open and generous people while understanding that everybody does not have the same blessings as you.
These are my favorite organizations to support:
- North Chicago Community Partners (North Chicago, IL)
- Feed My Starving Children (Libertyville, IL and Mesa, AZ)
- Arizona Helping Hands (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Community and large-scale road races
- St. Mary's Food Alliance (Phoenix, AZ)
- Orphans of the Storm Dog Shelter (Deerfield, IL)
- Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association (Lake Forest, IL)